Margo Wheeler Path to Leadership Grant
The Margo Wheeler Path to Leadership Grant was created on January 22, 2019. It is with great honor that Women's Council of REALTORS - Washington State has opened up applications for 2023 awards to encourage higher leadership in memory of their dear leader, Margo.
Please review the guidelines below and download an application at: https://www.wcr.org/.../washington-state-network-documents/
MARGO WHEELER PATH TO LEADERSHIP GRANT PROJECT TEAM
• Vision is to create a pathway to leadership for Members who want to pursue leadership opportunities within the real estate community, including Women's Council
of REALTORS®, Washington REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®.
• Annual assessment of $500 from each Network will be accepted to fund the grants. Unused funds can roll over to the following year and the Margo Wheeler Path
to Leadership Grant reserve account shall be maintained on the balance sheet until all funds are disbursed.
• Guidelines to Qualify for a Grant are as follows:
a. The applicant must have been a member for three (3) years at the time of application.
b. Applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year to the Chair of the Project Team.
c. The applicant must have attended at least two (2) of the four (4) most recent State Meetings.
d. The applicant must have served or is currently serving on a State Project Team and/or have served or is currently serving in any appointed leadership role or elected
position at the State or National Women's Council of REALTORS®.
1. The grant may be given to an applicant who is not otherwise funded from any other source or education scholarships.
2. The grant is not need-based. The grant will be given contingent upon receipt of the application within 45 days of the expense. Grants may be used for reimbursement for travel, media and/or public speaking training, leadership development online or in-person education, and any other activity that the Project Team deems appropriate. The reimbursement does not include expenses for promotional materials.
• The Project Team will select the grant recipients.
a. Grants can be given at any State Meeting.
b. Grants are limited to no more than $500 each.
c. No more than one (1) grant per year per applicant with a lifetime of not more than (3) three grants awarded.
• The Project Team shall be appointed by the Incoming President and will include two (2) Past State Presidents willing and able to serve; one (1) Active
REALTOR member from the General Membership, two (2) Governing Board members and one (1) current State Network Line Officer.
• Changes to the guidelines can only be made by the approval of the State Governing Board.